about L A M P
‘Lighting Architecture Movement Project’ was founded in 2013 as a group installation & exhibition showcasing light and form through the lens of architectural design.
L A M P was created to offer designers an opportunity to engage their talents in unique conceptual explorations and to connect the local community to architecture and design.
2014 reimagines L A M P as an international design competition open to all ages and creative backgrounds. The event will curate 10 jury picked lights that will be exhibited at an event in November. The top 25 designs will be shown in their concept sketch form at the event and will be open to a public vote. The top ten lights will be showcased in front of key players in the design community providing opportunity to receive manufacturing guidance and industry contacts. The winning design will receive a critique by the Creative Director of FontanaArte.
The L A M P Vancouver event draws in a large crowd of artists, architects, product designers, students, local business entrepreneurs and design enthusiasts. The exhibition will be accessible to the public for the week following the event. The top designs will reach broad media exposure through our popular online presence, connecting participants to a global market. The winning entry will be featured in GRAY Magazine.
L A M P bustles with MOVEMENT. It sets itself apart from other architectural lighting & design competitions & events with its unique incorporation of engaging multi-disciplinary elements.
Announcing the L A M P 2014 Top 25 Competition Entries by submission title.
TOP 3 + THE WINNING ENTRY TO BE ANNOUNCED
BY NOVEMBER 13TH
open to all ages & creative talents. entrants must adhere to design theme & specifications and consider the competition registration and timeline requirements.
• entries welcome to interpret theme however they wish.
• entrants limited to ONE design per submission fee.
• each design to be submitted on time through designated submission process.
• proposed designs & prototypes MUST NOT exceed 10 cubic feet.
• lighting designs can be in any format; floor, pendant, table…
• INDOOR working lights only.
• final submissions intended for 1:1 scale.
• all design, material, submission & shipping costs (including return) to be absorbed by entrants.
• 10 finalist submissions have the choice of having their entry pieces returned OR sold with a share of 50/50 profits at silent auction.
• designs must use LED sustainable lights in proposed designs.
This year's L A M P theme is Fibre. We chose a very broad subject that would be wide open to interpretation.....
We can't wait to see how your designs illustrate your visions.
2014 L A M P timeline
• july 1st - competition announced
• september 20th - application submission deadline
• september 30th - registrants notified of top 25 entries and jury panel selected top 10.
• october 27th accepting top 10 exhibition materials.
• october 31st - deadline for materials.
• november 20th - L A M P event.
a jury panel of 6 top architects, designers and media will base their decisions on the design’s integration of theme, use of sustainable material wherever possible, consideration & feasibility of shipping and ease of exhibition, innovation & originality, potential for marketability and economic manufacturing.
Competition winner will receive:
- a critique of their lamp by the creative director at FontantaArte.
- 4 hours of mentorship (by Skype or in person) from the team behind ANDLIGHT.
coverage in GRAY magazine's Dec/Jan issue “Hot New Next”, dedicated to the region’s top designers and rising stars.
The Inform Interiors Award of a $500 cash prize.
The top 3 lamps will also be on display for the week following the L A M P 2014 Vancouver event at Inform Interiors in Gastown, Vancouver.
L A M P is run by founders Annika Hagen and Nicole Fox. Our interests and abilities span writing, film, dance and design. We are performers, producers and audience members. We joined forces in the interest of producing interesting, dynamic and enjoyable events that people will remember.
media contact: Tanya Tweten – Promoter at Heart - email@example.com
*photo credit Adele Thomas of Make.